We are going to visit a family that, despite current times, continues with the essence of representing the Costa Rican as the farmer of years ago was so common to find in every part of the national territory. With the desire to maintain their legacy, the family decides to be an Agroecological Farm and work for hand in hand with the environment and show that it is possible to have a sustainable farm.
The farm is located 5 km from La Fortuna in a nearby town called Agua Azul. Where we can enjoy a pleasant welcome from the family, we often tour the property where we will find stations showing us what the family does in their daily activities that living on a Costa Rican farm implies, such as manual milking of cows where Anyone can participate in this unforgettable pleasant experience.
Next, we will observe how to extract the juice from sugar cane in an artisanal way, we will taste the liquor, chocolate, and other organic products obtained on the farm and finally, we will participate in helping to prepare part of our lunch.
- Mineral bottled water
- Experienced bilingual guide
- Transportation from the hotel with A/C
- Entrance fee
Things to bring
- Rain coat
- Change of clothes
- Hiking shoes
- Insect repellent
Share this tour
- Any modifications or cancellations made less than 24 hours before the departure time will incur a penalty of 100%.
- Our guides or drivers will wait for 5 minutes at the agreed or designated location. If the customer does not show up at the agreed time, it will be considered a No Show and a penalty of 100% will be charged.
- Price per person (USD).
- Extra charge for pickups for tours and transportation according to the area of your hotel (round trip)
- Rate Valid until December 14th *Some exceptions*
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 adults.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children aged 0 to 4 years old are free of charge.
- Children aged 5 to 11 years old have a discounted price.
- Tour is operated in multiple languages (Spanish and English).
- Transportation is included for most hotels. If your hotel is far from La Fortuna or far from the main road to the Volcano, an extra charge may apply. Please inquire.
- The time described is approximate. The exact time will be sent to you upon confirmation of your reservation.
- Vegetarian option available. Please advise at the time of reservation.
- Not recommended for pregnant women, people with back problems, heart problems, or other serious medical conditions.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for people with walking difficulties or in a wheelchair