We will visit the majestic Volcan Arenal in the area of La Fortuna, we will walk in old lava flows from the 1968 eruption trying to get as close as the vehicle allows us to the base of the peak, and then start walking about 1 kilometer approximately a volcanic stone path with a moderate degree of difficulty, until we reach the viewpoint, where we will rest and enjoy the view of the place as it is to see Lake Arenal, part of the volcanic mountain range and the proximity to the place that we reach.
Afterwards, the guide will indicate when we will begin the descent along the same 1km path until we reach out the starting point again. Those who wish may visit the hot springs of their choice for an extra charge where they will enjoy approximately three hours. We will give you time to enjoy yourself and then we will take you back to your hotel.
- Experienced bilingual guide
- Transportation from the hotel with A/C
- Mineral bottled water
- Entrance fee
Things to bring
- Tennis shoes
- Insect repellent
- Comfortable clothing
- Rain coat
- Hiking shoes
Share this tour
- Any modifications or cancellations made less than 24 hours before the departure time will incur a penalty of 100%.
- Our guides or drivers will wait for 5 minutes at the agreed or designated location. If the customer does not show up at the agreed time, it will be considered a No Show and a penalty of 100% will be charged.
- Price per person (USD).
- Extra charge for pickups for tours and transportation according to the area of your hotel (round trip)
- Rate Valid until December 14th *Some exceptions*
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 adults.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children aged 0 to 4 years old are free of charge.
- Children aged 5 to 11 years old have a discounted price.
- Tour is operated in multiple languages (Spanish and English).
- Transportation is included for most hotels. If your hotel is far from La Fortuna or far from the main road to the Volcano, an extra charge may apply. Please inquire.
- The time described is approximate. The exact time will be sent to you upon confirmation of your reservation.
- Good physical condition is required. Moderate hiking involved.
- Not recommended for pregnant women, people with back problems, heart problems, or other serious medical conditions.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for people with walking difficulties or in a wheelchair